Flooring styles so fabulous you may have a hard time choosing! Hardwood floors is an exiting assortment of flooring styles developed for those who want fabulous, quality flooring that adds extraordinary style to their home. We don’t compromise when it comes to the flooring we offer – and you don’t have to compromise your dream floor.
Wood is a natural product that changes color when exposed to light. All wood species change color after installation, but some change much more than others. The floor will become darker or lighter depending on the selected species without affecting the beauty or quality of the product.
What is more, the true appearance and color of the species may differ from those pictured. Some collections, like the Exotic, Sweet Memories, Alive, and Imagine, also have technical features that you should know about before making your choice. We therefore recommend that you select your new floor based on a real sample. See your dealer for advice and details about all the important technical features of our floors.
Why Natural Oiled Hardwood
The distinctive character of each USFloors natural oiled plank is achieved using a variety of antiquing and aging techniques and finished with natural oils to preserve the original beauty of the wood.
USFloors’ natural oil process provides a warmth and refinement to the floor that cannot be achieved with the modern day acrylic or polyurethane coatings. The rich patina of each floor is only enhanced with age and use; the more it is walked on, the more beautiful it gets. The natural oils penetrate the grain and become part of the floor, while the surface film of acrylic and polyurethane detracts from the natural beauty of hardwood and degrades with age and use.
Compare USFloors’ Natural Oil Finish to a UV-Cured Synthetic Finish
|Natural Oil Finish||UV-Cured Synthetic Finish|
|Less time to maintain||Yes||No|
|Less expensive to maintain||Yes||No|
|Can be spot repaired without disrupting entire room||Yes||No|
|Plastic film on surface||No||Yes|
|Penetrates and nourishes wood||Yes||No|
|Provides natural visual||Yes||No|
|Enhances natural grain of wood||Yes||No|
|Wood develops patina||Yes||No|
|Appearance dulls over time||No||Yes|
|Looks better with time and use||Yes||No|
|Minimizes appearance of surface scratches||Yes||No|
|Refinishing creates excessive dust||No||Yes|
Zero VOC vs. Low VOC
Rejuvenating 325 sq. ft. of a Castle Combe floor project will require approximately 1/5 of a liter of Woca Refresher maintenance oil, which will emit zero VOCs and leave you without that harsh chemical scent. A typical polyurethane floor will require three gallons of finish – one gallon for the sealer coat and two more gallons of the top wear layers. VOCs from polyurethane evaporate into your home at the rate of about 4 lbs. per gallon, which means that 3 gallons of polyurethane used to coat 325 sq. ft. equals 12 pounds of VOCs floating around in your home.
Reparability vs. Durability
Wood is very durable on its own. Natural oils enhance the durable nature of wood and allow the floor to be easily repaired if damaged. While polyurethanes provide a durable barrier, this barrier also consumes a layer of wood each and every time it is applied. At best, there are three to four sanding in a floor’s life before the floor must be replaced. Over time, repairability is more important than durability.
COREtec Plus® represents the next revolution in luxury vinyl flooring. This entirely new category of vinyl is a great alternative to glue down LVT, solid locking LVT, or laminate flooring. With a wide array of hardwood, stone, and slate decors, COREtec Plus® has the look for any style an unmatched performance for any room in your home. COREtec Plus® is GREENGUARD GOLD Certified for indoor air quality to help keep your home healthy and happy.
- 100% Waterproof – COREtec Plus® floors can be installed in wet areas and will never swell when exposed to water and are backed by a lifetime waterproof warranty.
- Innovative – The patent-pending* construction is extremely stable and will not expand or contract. No need for expansion strips in large rooms. No acclimation required prior to installation, so your floor can be installed right away.
- Durable – COREtec® Plus features a 20 mil commercial rated wear layer for maximum durability. Two coats of our UV acrylic finish provides superior stain resistance and cleanability.
- Comfortable – Enjoy the look of wood or stone with the comfort of cork. COREtec® Plus is a quieter and warmer floor than ordinary LVT floors, and requires no additional underlayment.
*COREtec Plus® is a patent-pending product exclusively from USFloors Inc.
COREtec Plus® Planks
- Elegant look and feel of tradional hardwood flooring
- 5″ wide planks with micro-beveled edges
- Popular domestic & exotic hardwood plank decors
- Lifetime residential wear warranty
- Lifetime waterproof and structure warranties
- 10 year commercial warranty
COREtec Plus® Tiles
- High end look of natural stone with the durability of vinyl and the comfort of cork
- 12″ x 24″ or 18 1/2″ x 24″ tiles with micro-beveled edges
- Trend-setting slate, stone, travertine, marble and stamped concrete decors
- Lifetime residential wear warranty
- Lifetime waterproof and structure warranty
- 10 year commercial warranty
If you’re in the market for hardwood floors, you’ve probably considered the standard options: oak, pine, cherry, maybe even bamboo. But there’s another wood type you might want to add to your list. Hickory hardwood floors has been a best-selling species in hardwood floors for years. Read on for our top four reasons why hickory might be the perfect choice for your home.
Top 4 Reasons to Buy Hickory
- It’s Durable. For busy households with pets, kids and constant activity, hickory floors is an ideal choice. It’s harder than most other domestic wood species including oak, maple, teak and pine. Hickory hardwood floors is able to withstand everyday wear and tear, heat, weight, and pressure, making it ideal for high-traffic areas like hallways and kitchens. If you’re looking for a flooring option with high shock resistance, look no further than hickory; it’s the same wood used to make baseball bats and golf clubs.
- It’s Low Maintenance. Because it’s highly durable, hickory flooring withstands dog paws, high heel marks and dropped objects better than many other hardwoods. Its distinctive graining pattern also does a fine job of hiding scratches that might appear in the flooring over time. And that means less maintenance for you. Hickory floors are easy to keep clean with just a cloth mop or vacuum about once a week.
- It’s Unique. Hickory hardwood flooring is known for its beautiful and distinct grain patterns and comes in a wide range of colors from white to various shades of brown from red tones to deep coffee. Unlike some other hardwoods, hickory takes well to stains. A lighter stain will highlight its unique grain patters similair to Avienda’s Grabel, while darker stains will minimize these differences, making the wood look more uniform. Its pattern variations mimic that of reclaimed wood, which has enjoyed a surge in popularity in the past several years. Its unique texture adds character and lived-in warmth to any room in your home. Wide plank hardwood floors have become more popular recently, which is good news for hickory lovers. Narrower strips of this wood tend to look busy due to its irregular grain and variations, which are noticeably high, not just in a finished floor, but within each plank, so it may not be a good wood choice if you prefer more subtle flooring.
- It’s Versatile. Hickory is most popular among homeowners designing a rustic space (think log cabins and country cottages), but it can also give off an eclectic vibe when used in a more contemporary design. Whatever your design preference, though, its timeless appeal, unmatched strength and durability means you’ll enjoy your hickory wood floors for years to come.